Wikilinks recursion in note titles

Testing version:

2.0 (10209)

I don’t know if I can call it a bug because I don’t think anyone in their right mind would use this weird combination of actions in real life situations :smiley: Anyway, you can get a funny recursion effect by combining note titles with wikilinks. Let’s create two notes: “Test note 1” and “Test note 2”. Now place wikilink to “Test note 2” in “Test note 1” title, then place wikilink to “Test note 1” in “Test note 2” title and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Here’s what it looks like:

Classic Bear just doesn’t allow using wikilinks in note titles and that’s it. There is no such phenomenon in Obsidian either, since the program forbids the use of square brackets in file names (Obsidian uses file names instead of titles in wikilinks).

1 Like

You will be the one who helped finding obscure bugs :wink:

:+1:

Why not? Actually I thought about that but found no real usage with any benefit

1 Like

The links resolve for me. Press :leftwards_arrow_with_hook: after closing the link in the heading note title.

1 Like

Yeah, you are right :slightly_smiling_face: This funny thing only happens A) if you immediately switch to another note via the Notes column or by clicking on the wikilink you just created; B) if you unfocus the currently open note in the editor by clicking on white space in the Notes column or by selecting multiple notes.

1 Like