Will Panda stay as a standalone editor

Hello,

I have been searching for this subject, so please excuse me if this has been asked before.

Will Panda continue to be supported as a standalone editor once it has been rolled into Bear? I’m thinking especially on iOS. I appreciate having access to a standalone text editor, and do have other options, but enjoy using Panda and so wondered what the roadmap was for it once Bear 2.0 is out.

Thank you,
David.

1 Like

Hi David,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a post. I can see that this is your first time posting on the forum, so welcome to the community!

Regarding the above question, Panda was initially just meant to be a throwaway tester for the new Editor for Bear.

However, due to customer feedback we are now thinking about possibly also having Panda as a standalone Editor after it’s added into Bear!

Our priority at the moment is to complete and implement our new Editor for Bear. Everything else will be re-evaluated after the new Editor is released but hoping this explanation helps! :bear:

2 Likes

I would also chime in and say that as a developer myself, I would greatly appreciate if it was possible to use the Panda editor in my own app!